Beans flour 1cupheaped
Hot-water (not-boiling) 1cuplevel
Seasoning cube ½
Groundnut oil 1litre (for frying)
- Mix bean flour with hot-water to form thick paste.
- Mix properly to avoid lumps.
- Add onion, fresh-pepper, salt, egg and seasoning cube. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour oil into the frying pan and heat it up.
- When the oil is hot, use a deep round bottom spoon or 1/3rd measuring cup to scoop the mixture into the hot oil. Put as much as your pan can carry.
- Allow the akara to float, and then turn for the other side to fry.
- Take out the akara and put on a sieve or towel to allow some oil to drain.
Serve with Tamba Pap or your favourite pap.