Beans flour 1 cup heaped
Hot water (not boiling) 1 cup level
Dry shombo/pepper 1 table spoon
Seasoning cube ½
Salt ¼ teaspoon
Onion ½ small
Groundnut oil 1 litre (for frying)
Cooking Guidelines :
- Mix the bean flour with the hot water, until it forms a thick paste.
- Mix properly to avoid lumps.
- Add the onion, dry pepper, salt and seasoning cube, and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the oil into the frying pan and heat it up.
- When the oil is hot, use a deep round bottom spoon Or 1/3rd measuring cup to scoop the mixture into the hot oil. Put as much as your pan can carry.
- Allow the akara to float, and then turn for the other side to fry.
- Take out the akara and put on a sieve or towel to allow some oil to drain.
- Serve with Tamba Pap or your favourite pap.