Bean flour 1 cup heaped
Hot water (not boiling) 2 cups leveled
Dry shombo/pepper 1 tablespoon
Seasoning cube 1 cube
Salt 1 leveled teaspoon
Onion ½ small
Groundnut oil 1 tablespoon
Crayfish 1 tablespoon
Boiled egg, fish (optional) 1
- Mix the bean flour with the hot water to form a watery paste.
- Add the onion, dry pepper, salt and seasoning cube, and mix thoroughly.
- Add the crayfish and groundnut oil and mix again
- Scoop the mixture into two plastic moi-moi plates (not healthy though) or into two moi-moi leaves
- If using boiled egg, cut into two and drop each half into the two mixtures.
- Set a small amount of water to boil
- Using a pot big enough to contain the quantity of moi-moi you wish to make.
- Place the scooped moi-moi in the boiling water and cook for 45 minutes (keep an eye on the water level to add more water when necessary).
- Check after 45minutes to confirm that the moi-moi is cooked. You can do this by putting a knife through it, if it’s stained with moi-moi paste then keep cooking until the knife comes out clean or with a slight smear of moi-moi.
- Serve with tamba pap or salad.